Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My First Day of Work

If you are wondering what kind of job that i am currently engaged in...im an employee of Digistar Holdings. It's a small company, located at Jalan Ampang. The company is really a very small company, with very very very crucial COST SAVING plans...everything must save cost...which includes projects involved..HOWEVER, i can say that the quality of their job is good.

So, what'y my Jobscope?
I have started 5 days of work so far:

1st day: Haven start already went into a 4 hour meeting..i know nothing, but i shook my head nia.First day nia, already OT until 7pm.
2nd day: Meeting again, and it was until 7pm again. My job is to attend meeting, read catalogues, drawings, call engineers on site for updatess.....
3rd day: Meeting again..it was a project department meeting. Very informal indeed, but for me, i just sit at one corner, listening to their updates, and c how they push their responsibilitiies to others..huhu...

4th day: My first day ON SITE in Kuching. My project is Dewan Undangan Negeri, Sarawak. I went into the site..huhu...10 floors...and i have to walk up all the way using staircase nia...I can tell u...DAMN!!IT WAS DAMN TIRING, DIRTY and DUSTY!@#%& Speaking of my first day, it was really unfortunate. My car was parked behind an ISUZU DMAX. And guess wat...he bang my car when he left the site. Sort of like "hit n run". BUT, a lot of witnesses saw he knocked my car, so they told me who who who and wat car hit my car...then..cont the next day. Another thing, i had severe migraine....severe until i vomitted, and i slept the moment i reached home, i din take dinner...until the next morning.

5th Day: (TODAY)..i went to see the guy...sigh..he bo hiu bo hiu nia...still smoking some more..and blow at me...he said afternoon will go over to see how's my car condition. He said he din even know he hit my car...so..see how lo later. Initially, i continued with my job. basically,at this stage, i will only have to wear bulletproof shirt coz i will always get scolded and"diau" by main contractor coz it's nearing to T&C. This is critical moment for our project, but u can c ppl at site are still sleeping during working hour. Now that's life on Site. hahaha...

Anyway. im underpaid, and i have to pay for everything so far. Hopefully the company really compensates me for the tol, petrol etc... :)

5 comments:

KEEFOO LEE said...

welcome to the world of construction!

only the strong outsurvive the evils.

Crystal Hew said...

hahahaha I know digistar!!!

zhiahowe said...

hw u noe??

KEEFOO LEE said...

mesti la kahling tau~ older ppl are wiser!

Crystal Hew said...

cisss....tak habis habis with the old thing....i heard that company before...but din noe u working there only....